The Machine Welder’s primary responsibilities of welding steel plate of varying size and thickness per job specifications to meet quality standards. Machine Welders are to meet all Code welder requirements including: operating an Arc Air Gouger, Sub Arc and Flux Core welding machine. Must be certified in: SAW 1G with 100% radiograph inspection per ASME requirements.
- Follow the designated WPS as specified on the applicable job card, weld plates together using a Sub Arc machine with stringer pass.
- Sub Arc welds, 2PC blanks and cylinders.
- Must maintain 95% radiograph test efficiency.
- Experience operating with tooling structure welding in an ASME atmosphere.
- Ability to safely operate hand tools such as a grinder, pry bar, etc.
- Ability to adjust, maintain and inspect equipment.
- Ability to comply with all safety and environmental policies.
- Ability to work in a team environment with regular and predictable attendance.
- Knowledge and ability to read blueprints and tape measure.
- Basic reading, writing, and mathematical skills.
- Assist in other areas of the facility as needed.
- Keep work area clean and orderly and report potential hazards.
- Must be available to work any shift.
- Ability to operate a pendant control crane
- Ability to operate a forklift
- Understands metric measurements and standard measurements
- Previous work experience in an industrial environment
- Must pass Uni-Form Components standard Sub Arc weld test
- Process knowledge of ASME code
- Ability to Sub Arc weld, Arc Air Gouger, FCAW stringer/Hot Pass
To apply, click here.